Thursday, January 5, 2017

It's All About the Time...rs

2017 is going to be my year of productivity and time...rs.  I don't actually have a lot of time, three kids and their activities make time a fleeting memory of days past.  What I do have a lot of is hobbies, creative ideas and desire to make things and the desire to fit it all in.  So I am trying timers this year to help my productivity.  Each day, I create a list of everything I want to work on during the day.  
cross stitch library pattern

I set aside a certain amount of time per item and set a timer for myself. Because just like I enjoy getting lost in books, I also get lost in projects and several hours of my day later I will have not accomplished a quarter of what I wanted.
modern cross stitch
 I am finding that when I break my day into 45 minute blocks of project time I am more productive and stay on task better.  I am enjoying seeing great progress on my projects, while still having the opportunity to enjoy my hobbies such as riding, reading, soccer, doodling and of course pattern designing and working in my cross stitch etsy shop.
cross stitch progress
custom cross stitch wedding vows


Of course, only time will tell if the timers of 2017 work for me.  But 5 days in and I am feeling pretty good about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment