Saturday, January 7, 2017

Why to Love PDF Cross Stitch Patterns and Stitching from your Computer

Let's be real here, how often do you go to print something only to find that you have LOW INK.  Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to me A LOT!  My kids LOVE to print and copy so I never seem to have ink when I need it.  Which is why PDF cross stitch patterns are the greatest; and here is my complete list of reasons!

1.  They are almost instantaneous.  As an instant gratification stitcher, I like to have a pattern that I see quickly.  I don't want to wait for it to come in the mail.  The joy of PDF pattern files is having them WAY more quickly than mailed patterns.
why use PDF cross stitch patterns



2.  It is harder (not impossible mind you, I have done it) to lose them.  In our house if there is paper laying around for even a few minutes it either gets cleaned up, thrown out, written on, colored on, you name, it happens. 

The PDF files remain safe on my computer, and if I accidently delete them on my computer they are in my email from when I received them. 

3.  I can work off the PDF files on my computer.  No more printing, saving trees too!

4.  I can work off an enlarged copy that is spread over multiple pages or I can work off of a pattern on one page just blown up.



5.  I don't need a clip/hook/book/gadget to hold my pattern up, my computer screen is already standing up next to me.  Handy!

6.  If I were so inclined there are apps and programs that will allow you to highlight your pattern as you go.  I personally like to work on a color pattern so I do not highlight so no special apps for me.

PDF pattern file
Even though no special apps, I love how easy it is
to count when the darker lines show up so well for
every 10th stitch
7.  Less clutter and dust in the house.  Less paper creates less dust, creates less mess.  I can store my digital patterns on a memory stick/external drive so doesn't have to clutter up my computer either.

8.  Easily searchable patterns (If you name them well when you save them).  I learned that the hard way, sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when naming pattern files. 

9. I always have my patterns handy when I travel, as I always have my computer with me.  No worries about missing a page, losing a page. 









10. I can enlarge the pattern as BIG as I want whenever I want, I love not being limited to certain paper sizes.

Free adobe acrobat reader for cross stitch pattern
Here I have 100% size and then all the way up to 200% size.  Helps with vision and with counting.


 11.  Did I mention that Adobe PDF Reader is FREE!!!!  So, it doesn't cost anything to open and use on your computer.  Saves money on ink & paper so you can spend more on patterns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment